I don’t know about you, but the first thing I do when a friend announces her engagement is buy her a copy of the most recent Martha Stewart Weddings. In honor of one of our favorite wedding magazines, we want to highlight our favorite ideas from each issue, and here are our top 5 from Spring 2013:
- Something blue – Struggling to pick your something blue? Martha’s beauty editors suggest using blue eyeliner for the big day because the color enhances every eye color. Read all of their eyeliner tips on page 162.
- Whimsical Flowers – For creative, imaginative, and whimsical brides, here is a great way to continue the fun with your flower girl. Martha and her team have designed DIY giant flower blossoms. Double the fun and give the flower girl the blossom as her gift – what a great souvenir! The template can be found on Martha’s website here.
- Fancy but not Schmancy – Love the look of embossed print but can’t fit it into your budget? You can still have embossed reply cards and escort cards by doing it yourself. Emboss your cards with specialized ink, embossing powder, and then setting it with a heat tool. Details are on page 294.
- Family Tree – We love when Martha highlights real wedding across the country, and were intrigued by Abigail and Michael’s wedding on page 136. They found a creative way to feature family photos by placing them on a tree at their outdoor wedding – a family tree! Check out other highlights from their wedding here.
- Spice up your Vases – Add color to your centerpieces by decorating your vases. Using Martha’s Transparent Glass Paint, paint glass pieces with your wedding colors and bake in the oven, creating unique vases for your florist to use. Learn how to create your own pieces here.
What are your favorite ideas in this issue?